Sea School International collects personal information on clients (companies and employers) and students. Accurate records management and care of personal information is required to comply with privacy legislation as a business, and the Standards for RTOs 2015.
Use and Disclosure of Information
- Only staff has access to student records for the purpose of verifying USI, AVETMISS personal details, progress, issuing or re-issuing certificates, contact of the student for re-certification or other relevant cause for contact within the boundaries of the business operations. Your personal information will be used for the purposes given and you may be notified of the products and services of our business.
- Relevant regulatory bodies have access for auditing or other lawful purposes.
- Representative agencies of the Government have access for lawful reasons.
- Your information will not be shared, sold or given to any third parties, unless required or authorised under the exemptions set out in the Privacy Act.
Student Identification – Unique Student and Certificate ID Number
- We use an AVETMISS student database and all students are issued with a unique student identification number (USI) in that system.
- The student ID number is shown on the certificate and can be used to verify attendance and completion of the relevant course.
- This information is retained and archived in the student database.
Student Access to Records
- Unless it is unlawful to do so, students can request access to their personal records.
- Students can contact the office through the website, by phone 1300 666 416 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There may be an administration fee charged for locating and providing information within a defined number of days.
Employer and Other Organisation Access to Records
- Employers who pay for students to participate in training and who support workplace or training and assessment have the right to ask for access to records. But the student/employee will be advised before any information is released.
- Requests by other organisations for information relating to the student will only be provided as a verification of information provided by that organisation. A request to the student for release of information may be undertaken depending on the circumstances.
- This request and approval will be logged in the notes section on the student file.
Website Access Statistics
Sea School International
14/16 Princes Street Marina, Princes Street
Newport, NSW 2106
Phone: 1300 666 416