get your boat licence
Call now to book your place
what to bring for boating safety course

What to bring


100 point identification required.

Preferred: Drivers Licence, or birth certificate, current passport, Medicare card, or pension card.

Young adult identification

Preferred: Birth certificate.

If not available you must bring two forms of identification such as a current passport and Medicare card. A student card is considered a secondary identification. The parent/guardian must provide their identification and signatures to a training officer and sign the Roads and Maritime Services application before the course commences.

Eyesight test

Not required if you have an Australian drivers licence.

Otherwise; provide an eyesight test from an independent optometrist;
or complete the eyesight test whilst in a Roads and Maritime Services office (make sure you are proactive and ask for the test, or your new licence will be cancelled).
This also applies to young adults.


Two passport-quality photos are required for a PWC / jet ski licence.
(Not required for a boat licence)


If you are doing the practical boating course then we suggest you bring the following:


Casual clothes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen and bring your wet weather gear in case it rains.


Deck shoes, joggers, sandshoes or work boots (No thongs or sandals).


Bottled water, snacks/food. You may also like to contact your trainer about local food and beverage options.


Make an Enquiry

We're sorry but due to a large number of spam submissions, our online enquiry form is not available to your location.

Please use the information on our contact page to phone or email us directly.

Just wanted to thank you and your staff at Sea School. I have over 20 years experience in the teaching profession and work closely with Macquarie Uni & UTS and I can certainly say that your methods of teaching were spot on.

Craig Mitchell, Managing Director, Sydney Harbour Bookings

Gift vouchers

available for

recreational boat & jet ski
licence courses